Cinnamon Stillwell

I’m the West Coast Representative for Campus Watch, a project of the Middle East Forum that focuses on Middle East studies. I was a political columnist for SFGate.com (San Francisco Chronicle online) from 2004-2008. I've written for the American Thinker, Frontpage Magazine, Family Security Matters, Accuracy In Media, Newsbusters, Israel National News, The Jewish Policy Center, J-The Jewish News Weekly of N. CA, Intellectual Conservative and many others. More info at CinnamonStillwell.com.

Saturday, May 03, 2014

RIP David Yeagley

So sad to hear of the passing in March of David Yeagley, who was a political buddy of mine, although, unfortunately, we never met in person. The great-great grandson of Comanche leader Bad Eagle, David introduced me to his unique perspective as an American Indian (he eschewed the term Native-American) conservative and in particular, the proposition that the growing political-correctness over ostensibly "offensive" Indian names and terms (the Redskins fracas and such) would result in the erasure of Indians from American popular culture.
David was also a great friend to Israel and to the Jewish people, a teacher, a classical music musician and composer (some of which accompanied film; see Richard Poe's tribute for more details about his accomplishments), and a prolific writer on an impressive variety of subjects. In other words, a true renaissance man.
We didn't agree on everything, but we had a mutually supportive relationship--he once interviewed me for his blog and I would send him articles on Indian-related matters--and I'm just sorry we fell out of touch during his last months. Indeed, he had kept his illness under wraps and I only just found out about his passing. My condolences go out to his loved ones.
Rest in peace, my friend. You will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home