Cinnamon Stillwell

I’m the West Coast Representative for Campus Watch, a project of the Middle East Forum that focuses on Middle East studies. I was a political columnist for (San Francisco Chronicle online) from 2004-2008. I've written for the American Thinker, Frontpage Magazine, Family Security Matters, Accuracy In Media, Newsbusters, Israel National News, The Jewish Policy Center, J-The Jewish News Weekly of N. CA, Intellectual Conservative and many others. More info at

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cathy Seipp: Condolences from the Left Coast

***Cathy Seipp died earlier today (3/21). GM's Corner has a nice tribute to her. The official obit is here.

Word has it that journalist Cathy Seipp, who wrote the wonderful, weekly column "From the Left Coast" for National Review, as well as being a freelance contributor to a variety of well-known publications, is in the last stages of lung cancer. A post at her blog titled "Remembering Cathy" has elicited an outpouring of thoughts and prayers from fellow writers and readers alike. It's a good place to go and share your condolences.

Cathy has been a shining example for us Left Coast journalists and her voice will be sorely missed. But her words will live on.

Update: Amy Alkon, a good friend of Cathy's and a fellow L.A. journalist, has posted a moving tribute at her blog.


Anonymous jeremayakovka said...

Well done. I'd never read her, but left a little condolence comment. Where would we be w/o the internet?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous GM Roper said...

Jer, I've read Cathy off and on for a number of years. She is a great lady and one hell of a writer. I was diagnosed with lung cancer last year, got it out early and so far, I'm cancer free but who knows what the future holds. If I handle it with 1/100th the moxie that she has handled it, I will be indeed blessed.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Cinnamon said...

She is one hell of a writer---one of my favorites, in fact. But then I'm partial to sharp, West Coast women :-)

And GM--you've got plenty of moxie to go around.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Paul said...

I wish her the best !!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:17:00 AM  
Blogger Lew Waters said...

What can be said? Her words will be missed as well as she will be missed.

My heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones. May she rest in peace.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home